Pages

An Open Cookbook

An Open Cookbook

3.17.2011

Impromptu Dessert


I guess I am fixing for chocolate this week...because this will be the second post on the topic.  Everytime I go to World Market-Cost Plus, I stock up on their salted dark chocolate bars.  Ok, sometimes I go just to get the chocolate bars, and then happen to find other household items while I am there.  They are good quality chocolate and each bar is only $1.99!

So the other night when I toasted some sesame seeds for the radish salad, (which by the way I made again because it was so good) I toasted extra to use for other recipes.  Meanwhile I was having a craving for something sweet after dinner to balance out the savory.   Chocolate is pretty much the only sweet treat I have in the house.  So I broke off two squares of the salted chocolate bar.  Then I saw the bottle of honey.  My eyes darted to the toasted sesame seeds in the saute pan.  Then my mind had little firework connections.  A little light bulb appeared over my head.  Why not combine the three?  I got out a little plate and assembled the goods.  Pure synergy.  Needless to say, I have had this a handful of times in the last two weeks...please try.  You won't be sorry.





Impromptu Dessert

Chocolate squares
Honey
Toasted sesame seeds

Slather a thin layer of honey on top of chocolate.  Sprinkle with sesame seeds.  Bite into immediately.

2 comments:

Sofi said...

Are these regular sesame seeds? They look a quite a bit larger than what I always have at home...

Alli Shircliff said...

Hi Sofi, thanks for the comment! They are regular sized sesame seeds. They look bigger because I put the lens really close to the chocolate, when taking the picture. I got so excited about the dessert, I wanted to get as close as possible!