As you may have noticed, I have been away from the blogging world for several months. I started a yoga teacher training program in October and life got really busy! For several months I worked, practiced yoga, went to training, ate, and slept. It has been the most amazing, and life changing experience of my life. I met such an awesome group of people along the way that has now become an important community in my life. And after those busy months, I am now a yoga instructor, teaching a few times a week. It has changed my perspective on yoga and life in general and look forward to how it will change and unfold more and more.
So now the two passions in my life, food and yoga, are integrated into my daily routine. Another addition to my life has been a Vitamix. I know, I know...sounds a bit insane to mention an appliance. But all jokes aside, it has changed my life too. Smoothies, soups, applesauce, and much more have become an integral part of my day. All the fresh fruit and vegetables throughout the day in different forms really makes a difference in how a person feels. I am so energized from the morning smoothie, and actually kind of miss it on days I don't have one. And the soups! I make a big batch on Sundays, and it carries me through usually three lunches. Everyone around me gets a daily earful about the Vitamix and what a difference it makes in a person's life.
With all that said, I'd like to share with you some of the life lessons I've learned along the journey of the past several months. We had a party the night we graduated and we had to each do an exhibition of our experience through teacher training. It could be artistic or expressive in any way. To weave my two passions together, I wrote a recipe.
Recipe from the Mat
This recipe is a compilation of lessons learned over the past several months from our leaders, from other teacher trainees, readings, experiences from classes, training sessions, the Vitamix, and the wonderful and unexpected by-products along the way.
- Leave your ego at the door.
- The moment you step on the mat, you are exactly where you are supposed to be.
- Remember to breathe.
- Those that we surround ourselves with are a mirror of ourselves.
- Our voice is a powerful tool. Use it wisely.
- 'Each of us have our own authentic path. We just need to stop trying, stop willing, and just let it happen.' -Baron Baptiste
- Soften your shoulders.
- Embrace your best attributes.
- Option to drop to your knee.
- On karma - If you you do the action, it will come back to you. If you don't do the action, it won't come back to you.
- Remove the filler words.
- Growth happens when we open ourselves up to change.
- 'Make your breath more interesting than your thoughts.' -Sarah G
- Soften your gaze.
- There are endless possibilities when it comes to fruit and vegetable combinations. Always keep experimenting.
- Follow your heart and the universe will provide the rest.
Place all the ingredients in a Vitamix; blend on High until desired consistency is reached, at least 5 minutes.