Pages

An Open Cookbook

An Open Cookbook

2.10.2011

Wild Rice Apple Salad (Part 1)

This posting is going to give you a preview of what I am going to make this weekend...


I wanted to get a head start on my cooking, so I gathered all the ingredients for a grain salad to complement a dinner party this weekend.  The ingredients are as follows:

Wild rice and quinoa cooked with chicken broth and water
3 Lemons
2 Granny smith apples
Raw almonds
Onions
Garlic
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Butter

My idea is to saute an onion in olive oil and butter.  Then I will chop the apple into small pieces and soak them in lemon juice so they stay crisp and avoids the browning.   I am visualizing a dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper...maybe a little sage.  Toss it all with the apples, chopped almonds and garlic.  A little sweet, a little savory...a lot of love.  It is Valentine's weekend and one with lots of food, fun and wine to be had.



To be continued...



No comments: